Acne is a condition that affects almost everyone at some time in their lives. During the stage of puberty, a whole lot of bacteria get collected in the skin and it results in acne. Due to this particular reason, young people especially teenagers are more prone to the disease. There are several natural ways to prevent acne that don’t cost an arm and a leg, and don’t involve using potentially harmful chemicals.
1. Wash Your Face – Washing your face twice daily with a natural soap that contains tea tree oil is of great benefit to your skin. Do not scrub your face or use a rough cloth as this will actually stimulate the sebaceous glands to create more oil making the problem worse.
2. Don’t pick, pop or squeeze, or otherwise mess with your skin. Squeezing blemishes or whiteheads can lead to infection or scarring. It almost always makes the acne you have worse.
3. If you like to exercise, wash your skin well after the workout. The sweat which occurs on your skin can cause a lot of problems and result in the formation of acne. Washing will provide the right freshness to the skin of your face. When you are using any kind of lotion on your skin, do not use the ones which can block the pores. If the pores are blocked, then there is a definite chance that you will get acne.
4. If your hair is long, wear it pulled back or consider a shorter style that keeps it off your face, neck and shoulders if acne prevention is important in those areas. Be sure to pull your hair away from your skin when you sleep so that pimples don’t develop overnight.
5. There are tons of bad effects of smoking. Smoking can cause serious lung and heart diseases plus it also affects your skin. When you smoke, the blood vessel and small capillaries of your skin gets contracted. If it gets contracted, your skin will not get sufficient amount of oxygen which is badly needed to create and sustain a healthy skin. This is one of the best natural acne treatment.
6. Use an Oatmeal/Honey mask – Twice a week prepare one serving of oatmeal as you would for eating. Add 1/4 cup honey and mix well. Allow to cool. Apply to face avoiding eye area. Leave on for 10 -20 minutes and wash off with warm water. Do not leave on longer than 20 minutes, as you will find it very difficult to remove if you do. The oatmeal cleanses pores by absorbing oils and exfoliating skin. Honey helps with application and tones skin.
7. Wash your pillowcase often and always use clean face towels. Dirty towels and pillowcases can harbor bacteria and germs that can make acne worse. Don’t go to bed with makeup on. It can clog your pores and lead to breakouts.
8. Since stress can trigger acne, try to avoid stressful situations and resolve stresses by talking to friends, family or a professional. Also, be sure to eat right and get enough sleep. Sometimes the stress of having acne and trying to figure out how to get rid of pimples can make things worse. But if you take action toward acne prevention with these tips, you can diffuse some of that stress.